Teaching Staff Vacancy
Teacher of Science – Physics or Biology
Main Pay Scale/Upper Pay Range – 1.0 Permanent Contract
Required to start September 2019
King Edward VII School is a thriving, over-subscribed School, with a diverse intake. It is a stimulating place in which to work, offering many opportunities to students and staff alike. The School enjoys an excellent reputation and sees the calibre of its staff as a key strength. King Edward VII School has two sites within the S10 area, approximately 1.5 miles apart. The successful candidate will be required to teach at both sites. At King Edward VII School we offer excellent benefits package, including pension, cycle to work scheme, eye test vouchers and cash plan including therapy benefits, a full employee assistance programme (EAP) along with access to 24/7 virtual GP surgery.
We have a vacancy for a confident, enthusiastic, suitably qualified and experienced teacher of Science, Physics or Biology, to join a large, successful faculty from September 2019.
The successful candidate will:
- be an excellent Science teacher across the full age and ability range
- have a passionate commitment to making Science stimulating and relevant for all
- be familiar with Key Stages 3, 4 and 5 National Curriculum, GCSE and Advanced Level requirements
- contribute towards the teaching of our Level 3 Applied Science BTEC course
- be a skilled ICT practitioner
- be willing to contribute to the wider life of the School
- have the calibre and ambition to develop his or her career in and beyond this post
Science plays a prominent part in the life of the School and consistently achieves excellent results. The Science Faculty has nineteen members of staff and four laboratory technicians. Teaching accommodation is excellent – a STEM centre built in 2012, includes eight fully equipped laboratories and two computer rooms. There is effective and high quality technical and administrative support and the Faculty is well resourced.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expect all staff to show this commitment. Successful candidates will be required to complete Disclosure and Barring Service declarations in line with Section 115 of the Police Act 1997.
Please note: Only applications on the standard Sheffield LA application form will be considered. Write a letter of application (no more than two sides of A4, in font no smaller than twelve) stating:
- Why you are are applying for the post
- How your experience so far has prepared you for the post.
For further details please contact Tom Hall at email@example.com
Closing date: Tuesday 12th February 2019 – 12 noon
Interview date: Tuesday 26th February 2019